DELIVERY AND PICK UP OF STUDENTS
Start of School
- School begins at 8am
- Breakfast is served from 7:30 -7:50 am
- Students choosing not to have breakfast at school are encouraged to arrive between 7:50 and 8 am
- Kindergarten will dismiss at 3:15 pm
- Pre-K will dismiss at 3:00 pm
Parent Drop-off and Pick-up
- The speed limit on campus is always 5 MPH.
- Parents who are dropping students off in the morning should use parent drop-off lane located at the back of the school. Do not park in this area to bring your child into school, as this will impede the flow of traffic for other parents who are dropping students off. If you must come into the building, please park in one of the designated parking lots and bring your ID in the building with you.
- We ask that you bring your child to school at the appropriate start time for breakfast if they choose to eat or 10 minutes prior to the start of school if not eating. This ensures that all students are properly supervised and safe.
- There is NO STUDENT DROP-OFF in the parking area. It is extremely dangerous to allow students to walk across the parking area unattended by a parent or guardian. Please drop off only in the designated area.
- All Parent Pick-up students will be dismissed to the hallway near one of the three designated doors facing First Street. This will keep students out of the afternoon heat, avoid weather issues and most of all keep all students safe.
- As you pull up to the Parent Pick-up Lane, with your parent pick up card displayed from the rearview mirroe, school personnel will call for your child.
- Your child will be dismissed to the Parent Pick-up area by Pioneer staff and placed in your vehicle.
- If you do not have your parent pick up card displayed a team member will ask you to drive around and park in the parking lot. You will then come to the front office with a photo ID and then your child will be released to you. This process maximizes your child’s safety.
- We suggest arriving at Parent Pickup at the designated dismissal time (not early) this way you will not have to wait in lengthy lines for your child(ren).
- If you are picking up children from Pre-K and Kindergarten we ask that you circle the Parent Pick-up line so that other cars may still enter and exit in a safe manner.
- Parents waiting outside the school and/or outside their vehicle will need to sign their child out at the office. You will need a valid driver’s license or other photo ID. (Our recommendation is that you drive through the Parent Pick –up line to pick up you child, this will help cut down on the wait time for you).
- For safety purposes no cars are to be parked in the front of the school for parent pick up before 2:50 pm. Thank you in advance for your cooperation, the safety of your children is our primary concern.
- Parents who are picking up students in the afternoon before dismissal may park in any of the paved, designated parking spaces. Lanes must be kept open for emergency vehicles (fire and ambulance), so please do not double park. Parents must always escort their children to and from parked vehicles.
- We request parents who are picking up students in the afternoon, remain in their cars and drive through the parent pick-up line. We ask that you stay in your car in line, unless there is an emergency.
- Parents are not to use the Bus Ramp area to drop-off or pick-up their children.
Children Leaving During School Hours
- If a student needs to be picked up early or if there is a change in the way your child is sent home, the parent or guardian most notify the school. Otherwise, your child will be sent home the usual way.
- Students will only be released to an adult with a valid driver’s license, State ID, or other government ID. The adult must be parent, guardian or designated as an authorized adult on the student emergency card. This is done as a security measure.
- If you need to pick your child up from school during the day you will need to come to the front office and your child will be called to the office. Cooperation in this matter will foster a learning environment with limited disruptions for all children.